Now accepting shinerama coordinator applications:
Applications are due to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com by Thursday, April 19th at 5 p.m.
A completed application for Shinerama Coordinator includes the following:
1) A resume
2) A completed application form
Shinerama is Canada’s largest student-led fundraiser and is in support of cystic fibrosis research and patient care. Cystic fibrosis is the most common fatal genetic disease affecting Canadian children and young adults, for which there is currently no cure. The Shinerama Coordinator is a volunteer position that runs from May until the conclusion of Shine Day and all related events. Running a Shinerama Campaign is an incredibly rewarding experience that allows you to make new friends, develop your leadership skills, plan events, have fun, and help those living with cystic fibrosis.
The responsibilities of the Shinerama Coordinator are to:
- Organize a Shinerama Campaign throughout the summer, including Shine Day during Welcome Week
- Be a member of the Welcome Week Executive team and assist with other Welcome Week activities
- Learn more about cystic fibrosis and educate others about it throughout the campaign
- Attend the National Shinerama Leadership Conference from May 18-21, 2018 in Hamilton, ON* and the Shinerama Atlantic Regional Conference from July 27-29, 2018 in Fredericton, NB
- Organize summer fundraisers
- Manage the STU Shinerama Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Promote online fundraising
- Promote Shinerama on social media
*Travel expenses to Hamilton, ON for the National Shinerama Leadership Conference will be covered by Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
Welcome Week is the first week where first year students are welcomed into the community at St. Thomas University. Organized by the Students’ Union through our Welcome Week Chair, works in partnership with Residence Life and the University Administration to plan this a week of exciting events. Welcome Week is a week full of activities that are both fun and informative. Sometimes they’re more fun than informative, but that’s alright too.
Shinerama is also a part of the Welcome Week. It is Canada’s largest postsecondary fundraiser. Shinerama is part of Cystic Fibrosis Canada, which is an organization that has been raising funds for the fight against cystic fibrosis since 1960 and has contributed $150 million to leading research and care. As a result, Canada has one of the world’s highest survival rates for people with Cystic Fibrosis.