The 2018 Community Action Fair is an exciting event that celebrates St. Thomas University's social work students' engagement on issues that concern them and their communities.
The event takes place on Thursday, June 21 from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm in the Great Hall on the second floor of George Martin Hall. The fair will kick off with opening remarks by Sociology Professor Dr. Gül Çaliskan, who is also a Project Coordinator for No One Is Illegal Fredericton.
The fair will showcase various community projects led by local non-profit organizations and social work students.
Social Work students have been paired with the following organizations:
- No One is Illegal Fredericton
- Greater Fredericton Social Innovation – Senior Engagement
- Greater Fredericton Social Innovation – Civic Tech
- Greater Fredericton Social Innovation – Age Friendly
- New Brunswick Association of Nursing Homes
- Office of the Third Party
- CIRN – Keswick Stories
- Muriel McQueen Ferguson Centre
- Stop Spraying NB
- Mi’kmaq Wolastoqiyk Association of Social Workers
- Autism Connections
- United Way
- Go Ahead Seniors Inc.
- New Brunswick Association of Social Workers
- Teen Resource Centre – Pathways to Education
- Capital Region Mental Health & Addictions – R.E.A.C.H.
- Love Shouldn’t Hurt – Fredericton Sexual Assault Centre
- Fredericton Legal Advice Clinic, Fredericton
- David Coon’s Constituency Office - Poverty